[library-media] Welcome New State Library Youth Services Coordinator

Donna Morris dmorris at utah.gov
Thu Sep 18 20:39:50 MDT 2008

Please join me in welcoming Sue Ludington, the Utah State Library new
Youth Services Coordinator/Consultant.  Sue wrote the following to
introduce herself:

"Short Bio for Sue Ludington, Youth Services Coordinator/Consultant

Originally from southern California, I attended college in Nebraska,
lived for some time in Colorado, and finally landed in Portland, Oregon
in the early 90’s. I worked for several years in a bookstore and the
service industry before ultimately choosing librarianship as my “adult”
career: I graduated from the University of Washington in Seattle in 2002
with my MLIS and, within a few months, began working as the lead Teen
Services Librarian for Deschutes Public Library in Bend, Oregon.

After 3 ½ years of extremely challenging and rewarding work, I
relocated to Portland for personal reasons and endeavored to obtain
employment as a Youth Librarian in that area. Over a year later, having
worked steadily as an On-Call/Temporary Youth Librarian for Multnomah
County Library, I decided to seek permanent employment outside of the
Pacific Northwest and closer to family in Colorado. I successfully found
a nice apartment in the Liberty Park area of Salt Lake City, and am
eager to explore downtown and the surrounding neighborhoods. I love the
outdoors, especially hiking and alpine climbing, and I am pleased to now
live in a state that offers these and many other types of recreational
opportunities. Along with going out to see live music and trying new
restaurants, I enjoy reading (lots of children and teen lit, but also
biographies of writers and musicians), doing crossword puzzles, tending
to my plants, and playing Scrabble."

Sue Ludington
Email:  sludington at utah.gov
Phone: 801.715.6742
Donna Jones Morris, State Librarian
Director, Utah State Library Division
250 N 1950 W, Suite A
Salt Lake City Ut  84116-7901
801-715-6770 (phone) 801-715-6767 (fax)
1-800-662-9150 (in-Utah-WATS)
dmorris at utah.gov

"Beginning August 4, 2008, state agencies' hours of operation are
Monday - Thursday, 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. and closed on Friday"