rcline at media.utah.edu
Tue Jul 1 09:13:53 MDT 2008
Ever wondered how Paragonah got its name? Now you can find out with UEN's Media Hub, eMedia for K-12, and CollegeMedia!
UEN is pleased to report a new collections now available in eMedia: Utah Collections Multimedia Encyclopedia.
Utah Collections Multimedia Encyclopedia (UCME) has been reformatted to the latest file formats. A total of 6671 media items are included: 46 audio clips, 993 images/pictures/maps/charts, 394 videos, and 5,238 text documents. UCME is made up of the following collections:
· A People's History of Utah Series (188 items)
· Foothill Native Plants (13 items)
· Friday Edition from KUER (42 items)
· Geography of Utah (545 items)
· Hispanic Culture of Utah (111 items)
· Utah History Encyclopedia (221 photos, 578 articles)
· Utah Place Names (4617 items)
· Utah Postcard Collection (196 items)
· Utah The Struggle for Statehood Series (120 items)
· Val A Browning Collection (40 items)
By the time Pioneer Day rolls around this year, you'll be well-versed in our State's amazing history, geography and culture.
BTW - Paragonah was named by the Piede Indians, who were a clan of the Piute Indians, and refers to the small salty marshlands in the area.
Please help get the word out about these great resources!
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the library-media