[library-media] Secondary school Volunteers

Loutensock, Georgia Georgia.Loutensock at schools.utah.gov
Tue May 20 13:31:31 MDT 2008

Dear Colleagues,

Elementary personnel may delete this message.  Secondary people read on!

We have an Endowment at USOE for reference materials for secondary
schools.  For this year we purchased 2 volumes from this fund that will
be distributed to secondary schools before school begins in the fall.
Because research and reference needs vary, it was decided that in the
future different materials would be chosen and purchased for
middle/junior highs and high schools.  The purpose of this email is to
ask for volunteers to serve on the committees to choose resources for
next year (FY09) and to develop a plan for future purchases, one
committee of middle/junior highs and one for high school librarians .

Volunteers should:
1)  hold a current Utah Educator License with a Library Media
Endorsement
2)  be currently working in a secondary school library and
3)  be familiar with the curriculum and research needs of their
particular level, middle/junior high or high school.

If you are interested please respond with your contact information and
school assignment.  Thank you in advance.  Have a great summer.  gml

Georgia Loutensock
Curriculum Section
Utah State Office of Education
250 East 500 South