[library-media] Online Scheduling

Fawn Morgan fmorgan at dsdmail.net
Wed May 7 15:53:06 MDT 2008

Bill,

I've wanted to do online scheduling for a long time. Please pass on technical info you get to all of us.  A concern had been that if teachers scheduled without face to face meeting of the librarian that collaborative planning would be out the window.  One idea I got from a session at the UELMA conference this year might close the gap: to schedule the teacher librarian separate from the schedule for instruction areas in the library.  I think it was David Loertscher who made a good case for separate scheduling to emphasize the benefits of professional collaboration.  Have any of you tried this approach?

Fawn
Layton High

>>> Bill Goodrich <bgoodrich at dcsd.org> 5/7/2008 2:10 PM >>>
Hi,

Does anyone out there do media center scheduling online?  If so, what
service do you use and what are the advantages and disadvantages of that
service?  I want my teachers to be able to set up times but not change or
delete anyone else's scheduled time.  I have been piloting SmartCal.com and
am wondering if there is anything better out there.

I have always done on paper up until now but I am ready to try something
that everyone can access from their work stations.  Any pointers would be
appreciated.

-Bill