[library-media] 6 WORD STORY - MORE INFO

Jan Duane janduane at skaggscatholiccenter.org
Fri Apr 4 09:33:50 MDT 2008

To clarify any confusion, the 6 Word Story was not an original idea ~ it was the teacher's idea was to run a contest with the library.

Here's more information PLUS a book you may want....this was sent to me by another librarian:

Larry Smith, author, was doing research on Hemmingway and found his six  word story and thought it would be a good idea for a book.  He sent  authors and friends a request to write their stories.  He got back over  three thousand.  His book is called, "Not Quite What I Was Planning."   You can get the book from Barnes and Noble -- it's a fun read.   Larry  Smith was interviewed on NPR  about three weeks ago and told about his  endeavors.

Jan Duane

"I really didn't realize the librarians were, you know, such a dangerous group.
They are subversive. You think they're just sitting there at the desk, all quiet
and everything. They're like plotting the revolution, man. I wouldn't mess with
them." Michael Moore