[library-media] UELMA Conference

Loutensock, Georgia Georgia.Loutensock at schools.utah.gov
Fri Mar 14 11:08:37 MDT 2008

Dear Colleagues,
I had an hour of down time this morning and spent it going through the
UELMA conference notebook.  Like many of you I had a hard time deciding
which sessions to attend.  After looking through the notebook I found I
really missed some great informative presentations.  Thank goodness for
the notebook and the handouts there.  To all of you ---PLEASE take time
to go through the book.  There is so much good stuff that can be used
right now in your libraries---ideas, lesson plans, PR materials,
booklists, etc.  (I have already made copies of several items to use in
my assignment and presentations.)  Also watch the UELMA website for
those handouts and materials that will be posted in the future.
Thanks to Cindy Mitchell and her committee and especially to all the
great presenters and the expertise they shared with all of us, either in
person or by way of their materials.
If you haven't done so already, start now to plan for "Love Your Library
Week," April 13-19.  This is an excellent opportunity to put the
spotlight on your library, and libraries of all kinds.  Thanks for all
your good work.  Keep smiling.  gml

Georgia Loutensock
Curriculum Section
Utah State Office of Education