[library-media] Traveling exhibit

Loutensock, Georgia Georgia.Loutensock at schools.utah.gov
Wed Jan 30 11:32:50 MST 2008

Dear Colleagues,
I just received the following notice.  Please pass it on to all
interested persons in your area.  Thanks.  gml

"The Utah Arts Council is opening a new exhibit at the Rio Grande Depot
called "This is Our Land." It is a traveling exhibition of artwork from
children's books sponsored by the Center for the Book (a division of the
Library of Congress) that was curated in response to the growing
discrepancy in our students' knowledge and understanding of global
geography and cultural practices.

"This exhibition is a unique hybrid of art, geography, social studies,
and literature; and therefore, it's a wonderful educational tool that we
would like for Utah teachers to know about. The Meridian International
Center has also posted an online educational guide for teachers at
http://www.meridian.org/ARTS/Children/index.html

"I was wondering if you would be able to help us reach classrooms around
Utah to let them know about the exhibition, via a suggested approach,
assistance with distribution, or any other ideas you may have.  Please
let me know. Also, let me know if there is any way we may be able to
help you in the future.

Best,
Lydia Durand

Lydia Durand