[library-media] Free Lessons @ the Lesson Plan Exchange

Cindy Mitchell cindy.mitchell at jordan.k12.ut.us
Mon Jan 28 12:22:54 MST 2008

Free Lessons @the Lesson Plan Exchange!

Everyone needs a kick start sometimes - an idea to grab a teacher's attention, a plan to integrate library skills into the curriculum.  Share your expertise and garner the expertise of your fellow librarians at the Lesson Plan Exchange during the UELMA Conference.  ADMITTANCE IS NOT FREE!  You must bring copies of one of your lessons in order to pick up everyone else's lessons.  This can be a library skills lesson, but we encourage you to bring a plan that integrates library skills into the curriculum.  There are two share times; one for K-6 and the other for 7-12.  Since this is the first time we have ever tried this, we need to get an idea of how many copies you need to bring.  If you are K-6 and want to share, please email Marilyn Walker (marilyn.walker at slc.k12.ut.us) and if you teach 7-12, please email Sarah Herron (sarah.herron at slc.k12.ut.us) to let them know that you will be participating.  Then they can let you know before the conference how many copies to bring.  This is a fantastic way to meet new colleagues and share the creativity burden.  Participants are sure to walk away with several new ways to connect with other teachers in their schools!

Cindy Mitchell
Library Teacher
South Jordan Middle School
10245 S 2700 W