[library-media] Award Books

Donna Morris dmorris at utah.gov
Tue Jan 22 21:50:54 MST 2008

Dear Friends:
I have to say that I attended the meeting at ALA Midwinter where they announce the winners and it was exciting.  It was really fantastic to see the excitement and expectation on faces and see the committees that made the decisions be recognized.  There were several hundred librarians in a large room and the excitement about the new award winners was contagious.
Some how I wish we could translate that excitement over new books to students and library users all over Utah.  I just wanted to share this when I saw Georgia's great message.  I certainly want to read several of the winning books.
May all of you who work in our Utah school libraries enjoy the new winners and know that they were welcomed with great enthusiasm.   Donna Jones Morris

Donna Jones Morris, State Librarian
Director, Utah State Library Division
250 N 1950 W, Suite A
Salt Lake City Ut  84116-7901
801-715-6770 (phone) 801-715-6767 (fax)
1-800-662-9150 (in-Utah-WATS)
dmorris at utah.gov

>>> "Loutensock, Georgia" <Georgia.Loutensock at schools.utah.gov> 1/22/2008 1:59 PM >>>
Dear Colleagues,

As usual I am late with the news of the Newbery and Caldecott medal
winners.  Here is the link to the press release for all the ALA winners.
Thanks for your patience.  gml
http://www.ala.org/Template.cfm?Section=pressreleases&template=/contentm
anagement/contentdisplay.cfm&ContentID=170844

Georgia Loutensock
Curriculum Section
Utah State Office of Education
250 East 500 South