[library-media] Playaway

Lorna Parkinson Lorna.Parkinson at slc.k12.ut.us
Thu Dec 6 07:55:47 MST 2007

Hi there!
One more answer to the Playaway question. We do something very similar, in that the empty cases are on the shelf and the units are in a back room in a "kit". The kits contain the Playaway, and a copy of the book all placed in "Book Buddy" bags purchased from Utah Idaho Supply. I have ear buds available, but most students have much nicer headphones of their own! As for the idea of somehow cleaning the earbuds and reusing them...UGH! Extra batteries are available as are small speakers that teachers can use if they are using the book in a group setting. Our PlayaWays are cataloged under PLA.

Hope this helps!
Lorna

Lorna G. Parkinson
Library Technology Teacher