[library-media] Playaway PR

Bill Goodrich bgoodrich at dcsd.org
Wed Dec 5 08:56:04 MST 2007

I bought VHS cases to house the actual players.  The cases that came with
the players I keep on the floor without the players in them.  The students
bring the empty cases to circulation and I check them out and make the
trade. I do not circulate earbuds but rather sell them for a $1. A  lot of
kids already have earphones anyway. When the players are returned I check
the batteries and replace dead ones and return the empty display to the
shelf.  I use DAB (Digital Audio Book) for a call number.  I think I
borrowed that call number from Susan Huff.

To display the playaway cases in a free standing shelf above my fiction
stacks (see attachment).  The could be displayed a variety of ways.

Good Luck,

Bill
--
Bill Goodrich