[library-media] Golden Compass book

Jane Beckwith jane.beckwith at m.millard.k12.ut.us
Thu Nov 8 15:25:56 MST 2007

Everyone,
I received a call asking me to remove the Golden Compass books by Philip Pullman. I thought that the issue had died but today I was told by the principal to stop circulating it.

It seems that there is an e-mail being sent to everyone saying that the book and the movie are touting atheist viewpoints and should be removed. My principal told me the superintendent wanted them off the shelf, even though neither one of them has read the series.

I haven't had much experience stopping this sort of action. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Jane Beckwith