[library-media] Poster Sessions Welcome & AASL

Fawn Morgan fmorgan at dsdmail.net
Wed Oct 31 11:39:03 MDT 2007

I just got back from the ALA/AASL Conference.  It was an excitingly exhausting three-day experience, one I highly recommend two years from now in North Carolina.  If you went to the conference please send me your name and the names of any other Utah attendees.  We had so many in attendance that we may be able to warrant AASL affiliation.  Our figures will be even higher if the delegation from Kansas (and you know who you are - free books and chocolate will only get you so far!) decides to reclaim Utah.

As for Cindy's request for Poster Session proposals -
AASL's Exporatorium Session consisted of a hall filled with dozens, if not hundreds, of posters and their creators.  The hall was buzzing with enthusiastic collaboration.  You don't have to be an expert school librarian to be an expert in one small area.  Create a poster and come share.

More about the conference later - I would love to hear listserv comments from others who attended.

Fawn
Layton High

>>> "Cindy Mitchell" <cindy.mitchell at jordan.k12.ut.us> 10/31/2007 10:49 AM >>>
Dear UELMA Members:

Thank you for all of the great session proposals.  So many awesome ones! We are still trying to narrow them down.  If, however, you have an idea that would fit into a poster session, we still have plenty of space - the halls in the Ogden Center are nice and wide. So keep those proposals coming!

Cindy Mitchell
Library Teacher
South Jordan Middle School
10245 S 2700 W