[library-media] Anansi Boys-Neil Gaiman

Fawn Morgan fmorgan at dsdmail.net
Mon Oct 8 14:34:48 MDT 2007

I know that Gaiman is high touted and well-reviewed but some (all?) of his graphic novels are quite graphic. I have had one on my Should I Put It Out Or Not? pile for quite some time and can't decide - a picture is worth a thousand words.

>From the back cover to American Gods: "American Gods is a heady brew of "mystery, satire, sex, horror, and poetic prose."   Seems like classics of a genre like The Power of One can get away with quite graphic content and be put on school library shelf.  At what point does a novel become a classic? That is the question! Once that question is answered I have labels which I place inside the front cover: May Contain Mature Language or Subject Matter.

Fawn
Layton High

>>> Bill Goodrich <bgoodrich at dcsd.org> 10/8/2007 1:53 PM >>>
Has anyone out there read "Anansi Boys" by Neil Gaiman?  Is it appropriate
for high schoolers?  What would you rate it? PG, PG13, etc.

What about "American Gods" by the same author?

-Bill