FW: [library-media] FW: Reading Contest at Millard High

Loutensock, Georgia Georgia.Loutensock@schools.utah.gov
Thu, 23 Aug 2007 07:05:27 -0600

This sounds like a really great activity.  Thanks, Eva.  gml=20

-----Original Message-----
From: EVA JACOBS [mailto:eva.jacobs@jordan.k12.ut.us]=20
Sent: Wednesday, August 22, 2007 3:06 PM
To: Loutensock, Georgia
Subject: Re: [library-media] FW: Reading Contest at Millard High

We are in the 5th year here at Midvale Middle Schoolof something we call
Book Challenge. I select 33 terrific, varied books and create 10
questions for each book. We begin the 1st day of second term and have
several copies of each selection. The idea is to read 30 books in 30
weeks. When they read a book they come answer a random ? for the book
and receive a laminated bookmark. We usually figure that our 33 books
are read a minimum of 1000 times over the year. I also have a little
system for leeping track of which books and how many each student reads.
It works for us.

=20

Sent via the WebMail system at jordan.k12.ut.us

=20