[library-media] Average cost of a book

Diana Hanke dhanke@dcsd.org
Tue, 08 May 2007 11:46:52 -0600

Hello out there in library land.  I know that someone out there knows the
official figure used for the average cost of a book during the state
legislative presentation for funding.  I am presenting the case to the DCSD
school board for extended hours for an elementary library media aide who
currently runs and manages the library in just 19 hours a week.  Aides
within the district who have just one more hour are circulating between 700
and 1000 more books per year and I wanted to translate that into cost.

Thank you for your help,

Diana Hanke
DCSD library media supervisor
dhanke@dcsd.org