[library-media] Disaster averted

Cindy Mitchell cindy.mitchell@jordan.k12.ut.us
Thu, 3 May 2007 11:31:16 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_0057_01C78D76.90416290

Hi:

I just had to share what happened yesterday.

I had a group of my Library Advisaory Board come in and I went to my =
magazine closet to get my box of Advanced Reader copies so that thye =
could choose a thankyou gift.  The entire box of books was SOAKING WET!  =
Not a single book salvagable. =20
So I glanced up and there was a slightly saggy ceiling.  Yikes!  Call =
the janitor!  After he got done pulling down all of the soggy drywall, I =
had a hole about 3 feet in diameter in my ceiling.

Assessing the damage, just that box of review copies and a couple of =
rolls of wrapping paper were ruined.  Not a magazine, a book or a dvd =
were touched.  I was so lucky, because if the leak had started three =
feet in any direction it would have ruined magazines, videos ro the A =
section of my fiction! Or, if I had been particularly unlucky, it could =
have sparked a fire.

I know some of you have had it so much worse, but I had to share my =
little scare and my feeling of disaster averted.

Cindy Mitchell
Library Teacher
South Jordan Middle School
10245 S 2700 W
South Jordan UT  84095
801-412-2917 x1080
UELMA President
http://www.sjms.jordan.k12.ut.us/MediaCenter/corner.htm

------=_NextPart_000_0057_01C78D76.90416290

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hi:</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I just had to share what happened=20
yesterday.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I had a group of my Library Advisaory =
Board come in=20
and I went to my magazine closet to get my box of Advanced Reader copies =
so that=20
thye could choose a thankyou gift.&nbsp; The entire box of books was =
SOAKING=20
WET!&nbsp; Not a single book salvagable.&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>So I glanced up and there was a =
slightly saggy=20
ceiling.&nbsp; Yikes!&nbsp; Call the janitor!&nbsp; After he got done =
pulling=20
down all of the soggy drywall, I had a hole about 3 feet in diameter in =
my=20
ceiling.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Assessing the damage, just that box of =
review=20
copies and a couple of rolls of wrapping paper were ruined.&nbsp; Not a=20
magazine, a book or a dvd were touched.&nbsp; I was so lucky, because if =
the=20
leak had started three feet in any direction it would have ruined =
magazines,=20
videos ro the A section of my fiction! Or, if I had been particularly =
unlucky,=20
it could have sparked a fire.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I know some of you have had it so much =
worse, but I=20
had to share my little scare and my feeling of disaster =
averted.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Cindy Mitchell<BR>Library =
Teacher<BR>South Jordan=20
Middle School<BR>10245 S 2700 W<BR>South Jordan UT&nbsp; =
84095<BR>801-412-2917=20
x1080<BR>UELMA President<BR><A=20
href=3D"http://www.sjms.jordan.k12.ut.us/MediaCenter/corner.htm">http://w=
ww.sjms.jordan.k12.ut.us/MediaCenter/corner.htm</A><BR></FONT></DIV></BOD=