[library-media] Librarians on the Cover

Fawn Morgan fmorgan@dsdmail.net
Mon, 16 Apr 2007 09:50:55 -0600

School Libraries hit the front page - above the fold - of the Ogden =
Standard Examiner news today and, best of all, the news wasn't negative.  =
In fact, most of it was positive PR.  Go today to
http://www.standard.net/live/news/102069/#=20
to read Librarians Upgrade: Schools' media centers struggle to keep up =
with technology.
Too bad the page editor didn't read the entire article and wrote a =
subtitle that, along with a picture of a haggard looking librarian implies =
that we just can't quite make the mark technology-wise.  The good news is =
that the positive headline is above the fold and the article itself belays =
any negative impression from the subtitle.  One more note - I ALWAYS call =
my self a librarian informally; it was a grabber line, though, so I should =
congratulate the reporter.  I love librarians!

p.s. If any of you are in the Standard community area then you could post =
a message to one of the online Standard forums corroborating the good news =
in the article.

Enjoy!
Fawn
Layton High Library