[library-media] vocabulary question

Cindy Mitchell cindy.mitchell@jordan.k12.ut.us
Thu, 25 Jan 2007 09:10:31 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_0003_01C74060.A9AFB050

As I was preparing books to shelve this morning, I was working with the =
Dewey Deciaml books and putting them in numerical order.  Can anyone =
think of a handy vreb for that action?  If I am putting the fiction in =
alphabetical order, I can say that I am alphabetizing the books.  But, I =
can't come up with an equivalent for putting books in numerical order.  =
Does anyone know of such a word?  If no one has a real word that already =
exists, I am quite happy to accept candidates for creating a new form of =
the word altogether.

Cindy Mitchell
Library Teacher
South Jordan Middle School
10245 S 2700 W
South Jordan UT  84095
801-412-2917 x1080
UELMA President
http://www.sjms.jordan.k12.ut.us/MediaCenter/corner.htm

------=_NextPart_000_0003_01C74060.A9AFB050

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>As I was preparing books to shelve this =
morning, I=20
was working with the Dewey Deciaml books and putting them in numerical=20
order.&nbsp; Can anyone think of a handy vreb for that action?&nbsp; If =
I am=20
putting the fiction in alphabetical order, I can say that I am =
alphabetizing the=20
books.&nbsp; But, I can't come up with an equivalent for putting books =
in=20
numerical order.&nbsp; Does anyone know of such a word? &nbsp;If no one =
has a=20
real word that already exists, I am quite happy to accept candidates for =

creating a new form of the word altogether.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Cindy Mitchell<BR>Library =
Teacher<BR>South Jordan=20
Middle School<BR>10245 S 2700 W<BR>South Jordan UT&nbsp; =
84095<BR>801-412-2917=20
x1080<BR>UELMA President<BR><A=20
href=3D"http://www.sjms.jordan.k12.ut.us/MediaCenter/corner.htm">http://w=
ww.sjms.jordan.k12.ut.us/MediaCenter/corner.htm</A><BR></FONT></DIV></BOD=