[library-media] FW: Writer's Workshop at BYU

Loutensock, Georgia Georgia.Loutensock@schools.utah.gov
Thu, 25 May 2006 14:29:21 -0600

 Please pass this on to anyone you think would be interested.  Thanks.
gml

-----Original Message-----
From: Linda Dial [mailto:kidslitutah@yahoo.com]=20
Sent: Thursday, May 25, 2006 2:23 PM
To: kidslitutah@yahoo.com
Subject: Writer's Workshop at BYU

Would you please send this on to any writer friends of yours who may
want to participate in this non-fiction writing workshop? As you can
see, Elizabeth Partridge is more than qualified to help writers with
their work in this field. Non-fiction is one of the best ways to break
into writing. And this year we have an editor from Bloomsbury who
specializes in non-fiction and is seeking to grow the non-fiction part
of Bloomsbury.=20

Your friend in writing,

Carol

If you're interested in writing nonfiction, consider attending the
special nonfiction workshop we're hosting this summer.  Enrollment is
limited, so register as soon as possible:

=20

Award-winning nonfiction writer Elizabeth Partridge will teach a special
nonfiction workshop at this summer's Workshop on Writing and
Illustrating for Young Readers at BYU (June 12-16).  Partridge's latest
book, JOHN LENNON: ALL I WANT IS THE TRUTH, received many awards,
including a 2006 Printz Honor Book citation from the American Library
Association.  Her award-winning biography of Woody Guthrie, THIS LAND
WAS MADE FOR YOU AND ME, was a finalist for the 2002 National Book
Award.

=20

She is the author of many other books: DOROTHEA LANGE:
A VISUAL LIFE (Smithsonian, 1993) was followed by a middle grade novel,
CLARA AND THE HOODOO MAN (Dutton, 1996), and RESTLESS SPIRIT: THE LIFE
AND WORK OF DOROTHEA LANGE (Viking, 1998), a photobiography for young
adults. PIG'S EGGS came out several years ago (Golden Books, 2000) as
well as ORANGES ON GOLDEN MOUNTAIN (Dutton, 2001), ANNIE AND BO (Dutton,
2002), MOON GLOWING (Dutton, 2002), QUIZZICAL EYE: THE PHOTOGRAPHY OF
RONDAL PARTRIDGE (Heyday Press, 2002) and WHISTLING (GreenWillow, 2003).

=20

For more information on Partridge and her work, go to her website:
http://www.elizabethpartridge.com/

=20

To register for her nonfiction workshop, go to
http://ce.byu.edu/cw/writing/