[library-media] Legislative funding

Loutensock, Georgia Georgia.Loutensock@schools.utah.gov
Fri, 5 May 2006 07:34:35 -0600

------_=_NextPart_001_01C67048.A60CAA82

Dear Colleagues,

I have received several inquiries regarding the one-time legislative
funding appropriated by the 2006 Legislature.  Here is what I know. =20

25% of the funds ($500,000) will be divided equally among all public
schools, 75% ($1.5 million) will be distributed on a per student basis.
As close as I can figure this should be approximately $500 per school
plus $3 per student.  The finance section is working out the formula.
The funds are not available until July 1 and may not be distributed
until October if they decide to use the fall 2006 enrollments which
would include brand new schools.  These decisions are out of my hands
but I will keep you informed as best I can. =20

Even though you do not have the monies in hand, it is not too early to
start making out your purchase lists.  It is suggested that each library
designate a specific area to upgrade.  This way you can see "where the
money went" and it is easier to track materials. =20

Thanks for all your hard work.  Keep smiling.  gml =20

Georgia Loutensock
Curriculum Section
Utah State Office of Education
250 East 500 South