[library-media] Replacing Books w/ Computers in Libraries

Lanell Rabner lanell.rabner@nebo.edu
Tue, 17 May 2005 12:54:34 -0600

Why not - at least at the High School level?  The internet
is where kids choose to do their research anyway, so why
not provide them quality research resources that fit the
format of their choice?  Plus, E-books mean that multiple
students can use the same book simultaneously and they can
access it remotely as well.  Maybe we should give the
online environment more consideration, just as higher ed
has.  It is certainly an environment our students will
need to know how to expertly navigate when they move on to
the academy.

Lanell Rabner
Librarian
Springville High School