[library-media] Information Literacy FreEbook now online

Brian Ferguson bferguson@dsdmail.net
Wed, 11 May 2005 13:56:36 -0600

Dear colleagues:

I am the Library Media Teacher at South Davis Junior High in Davis =
District.  If my name sounds familiar, it may be because I am also a =
member of the UEA Board of Directors.  I have been researching the topic =
of Information Literacy and have written a short (15 pages) ebook (Adobe =
PDF format) on the subject.  The download is available at http://www.sdavjr=
.davis.k12.ut.us/~brian/pn/slmta/pdf_files/InfoLit.pdf.  I believe you =
will find it to be both interesting and useful, and I hope you will share =
it with other teachers and perhaps interested parents.  I would very much =
appreciate any comments or feedback you may care to give.

Technical note:  The ebook will be much easier to read if your screen =
resolution is at least 1024 x 768.  (If you have at least a 15 inch =
monitor, this is the resolution you should probably be using anyway).  =
Also, I highly recommend Adobe Reader 7 (although the ebook is compatible =
with version 5).  The book may take a few minutes to download at home =
because it contains color pictures that I have not yet optimized in =
Fireworks.  Once it has downloaded, however, you can save it to your =
computer "Desktop" for easy quick reference.  The ebook contains many =
interesting web links that you will what to browse through (perhaps some =
summer reading?).

P.S.  I am finding Adobe Acobat to have many educational uses.  You can =
read more about this on my blog "A Librarian's Journal" at http://www.sdavj=
r.davis.k12.ut.us/~brian/blogs/ferg/. =20

-- Brian Ferguson --
Library Media Teacher
South Davis Junior High
phone: 801-402-6408