[library-media] UELMA Blog: National Proclamations & Stink-bomb Attacker

Fawn Morgan fmorgan@dsdmail.net
Mon, 04 Apr 2005 16:48:54 -0600

UELMA friends,

The last two weeks have been eventful ones for me.  Thursday before
last was just the beginning.  After helping "put the show on the road"
for our school's junior class assembly - I was in charge of making sure
that the young men royalty got down the auditorium aisle in tux and with
roses in hand - I set off for the state capitol building in a deluge of
rain and snow.

As outgoing UELMA president it was a pleasure to meet with
representatives from public, academic and state libraries to jointly
witness the signing of the National Library Week declaration by Governor
Huntsman.  We are all optomistic that this joint event ushers in a new
era of cooperation between all four groups.  Take a look at the Utah
Library Advocacy Network site if you haven't already taken the
opportunity: http://168.179.23.126/ulan/index.html

The was no rest rest for the weary because I was then back home to
prepare for the prom.  Oh, but even with the end of that night, the
excitement was far from over!  On Easter Sunday I returned from church
to an emergency message from our school custodian.  There had been a
break-in at the school and the only room to be robbed was my office.  If
you see a Dell laptop on sale for a great price on eBay, let me know.
It wouldn't be the first time library materials had been stolen and then
sold on-line.  So far, there have been no solid leads but we did receive
information leading to the apprehension of the local teen-age stink-bomb
attacker!!

Hope you have had an UN-eventful spring season up to now, but let's
plan on some fun library activities for National Library Week.  Maybe
let the listserv know if you have a particularly fun event planned!!
Enjoy our celebratory week!

Fawn

Fawn Morgan                 fmorgan@dsdmail.net
Library Media Teacher, Head Librarian, Jr. Class Advisor, Realms Club
UELMA President           http://uelma.org

Layton High School, 440 Wasatch Drive, Layton, Utah  84041
Voice 801-402-4996 Fax 801-402-4801
http://www.davis.k12.ut.us/webs/fmorgan/