[library-media] Invited to attend a "Visual Thesaurus" training session

Rick Cline RCLINE@media.utah.edu
Tue, 25 Jan 2005 10:30:09 -0700

Librarians,

As you may know, we have recently licensed an online product statewide
called Visual Thesaurus to add to the Pioneer Library. Visual Thesaurus
is a A 3-D interactive thesaurus and dictionary. A web link has already
been established on the K-12 Pioneer web page (http://pioneer.uen.org).
As for home access, we are working with the vendor to make this happen
by February 1st.

You are invited to attend one of two training sessions scheduled on
Visual Thesaurus as follows:

Friday February 4th:

   9:00 am - noon
   Nebo Learning Center located at 570 South Main Street, Springville
   Lunch provided.

   2:00 - 5:00 pm
   MBH on the Univ. of Utah Campus, 1705 East Campus Ctr Drive, Rm 202

We don't yet have the exact agenda, but the first hour will be a
presentation from a company representative who will show us all how to
use the tool.  The second portion of the training will be presented by
a nationally known curriculum development person who will talk about
integrating Visual Thesaurus into Utah's K-12 core curriculum.

To attend one of these sessions, please register at:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.asp?u=59141811541

For those who cannot attend one of these training sessions, we are
planning a session at the upcoming UELMA Conference on March 3rd at the
Davis Conference Center and UCET Conference on March 4th and 5th at
Hillcrest High School. We are also tentatively planning on a session at
the Rural Schools Conference in July and the Regional UELMA Conferences
in September. If you have questions, feel free to e-mail of phone me.

- Rick

__________________________
Richard W. Cline
Utah Education Network
101 Wasatch Drive
Salt Lake City, UT 84112-1792
(801) 585-0913
(800) 866-5852 toll free
(801) 585-6105 fax
rcline@uen.org
"If we don't try, then we don't do. If we don't do, then why are we
here." Shenandoah