[library-media] Pioneer Trial for January

Rick Cline RCLINE@media.utah.edu
Mon, 03 Jan 2005 12:57:37 -0700

January's Pioneer Trial will be looking at three products from
ProQuest:

PROQUEST LEARNING: LITERATURE delivers more than 180,000 searchable
works of literature from medieval times to the present. Students can
find author biographies, contemporary criticism, reviews, and multimedia
resources organized into over 3,000 Author Pages. ProQuest Learning:
Literature also features over 40 searchable full-text literary journals
and magazines for the latest in literary criticism.

HISTORY STUDY CENTER offers valuable historical reference material that
covers 14 centuries of history - from ancient to modern, old world to
new world. Explore the rise and fall of the Roman Empire, the growth of
Islam, the ideas of Enlightenment and Revolution, the effects of
colonialism, the explosion of American pop culture, and much more.

PROQUEST HISTORICAL NEWSPAPERS (Student Edition) is a meticulously
crafted, hand-picked primary-source collection covering the 25
fundamental topics of junior-high and high-school history curricula.
Emphasizing ease of use and educational value, Student Edition gives
students an indispensable tool for studying U.S. history.

Go to: http://pioneer.uen.org and click on the trial link to take one
or all of these databases for a test-drive. Be sure to fill out the
online survey to let us know what you think!

- Rick

__________________________
Richard W. Cline
Utah Education Network
101 Wasatch Drive
Salt Lake City, UT 84112-1792
(801) 585-0913
(800) 866-5852 toll free
(801) 585-6105 fax
rcline@uen.org
"If we don't try, then we don't do. If we don't do, then why are we
here." Shenandoah