[library-media] summary of responses [mac vs. pc]

John Eye Eye@suu.edu
Thu, 09 Dec 2004 10:28:39 -0700

Hello,

Thanks to all for your responses on your district/school computer
decisions regarding Macs vs. PCs.  I received 62 comments in about 24
hours.

The responses indicate to me that, in general, Utah schools seem to be
migrating toward using more PCs than Macs, if they haven't already
switched completely to PCs.  Some of the reasons for using Macs included
familiarity with their use, software concerns (ex. Alexandria OPAC), and
technical support.  Reasons for moving to the use of PCs included cost,
technical support, and the fact that most students and staff have PCs at
home.

Thanks again for your comments.

John Eye