[library-media] FW: Message for Utah School Libraries

Loutensock, Georgia GLoutens@usoe.k12.ut.us
Thu, 9 Dec 2004 07:18:02 -0700

It seems school libraries are always looking for grants to buy books.  Here
is an opportunity worth looking into, thanks to Donna Morris.  gml

-----Original Message-----
From: Donna Morris [mailto:dmorris@utah.gov]
Sent: Wednesday, December 08, 2004 8:10 PM
To: GLOUTENS@usoe.k12.ut.us
Subject: Message for Utah School Libraries

Georgia thanks for sending to school libraries and can I send to the list,
plus may I subscribe to the list for schools...I want to do all I can.
Thank you for coming to the Utah Library Advocacy Meeting.  Your support is
so helpful.  Thanks.  Happy Holidays.

"We the People Bookshelf" grants are available from through the
collaboration of the American Library Association (ALA) and the National
Endowment for the Humanities (NEH).  This is a program to encourage young
people to read and understand great literature while exploring themes in
American history.
Public and school (K-12) libraries are invited to apply to be among the
1,000 libraries selected to receive the second We the People Bookshelf,
which focuses on "Freedom."  If you are interested in applying please
consult:
http://www.ala.org/ala/ppo/currentprograms/wethepeople/wepeople.htm

Applications for Round 2 will be available starting December 16, 2004 and
are due February 16, 2005.

   Donna

Donna Jones Morris, State Librarian
Director, Utah State Library Division