[library-media] Is it your turn? Conferences and Nominations

Fawn Morgan fmorgan@dsdmail.net
Mon, 12 Jan 2004 14:15:54 -0700

Did you know that UELMA holds three conferences each year?  Neither did
I until recently.  Because I live and work in a community along the
Wasatch Front in northern Utah I attend the large spring conference,
unaware that two regional conferences are also offered.

UELMA conducts two fall conferences 1) a conference for the librarians
in the eastern districts, usually in Price and 2) a conference for the
librarians in the southwestern districts, usually in Cedar City.  These
conference give opportunities for some training and vendor contacts to
those school librarians who cannot make it to the spring conference.

In the last ten years the spring conference has been organized by
presidents of UELMA with assistance from committee and board members.
These presidents have represented Weber, Jordan, Davis, Salt Lake, Box
Elder, Murray, Cache, Granite and Washington districts.  One year the
Independent schools helped to present the convention.  Is it your turn?
Committees composed of volunteers are the key to continued conferences.
UELMA needs you to nominate officers.  Forms can be found at
http://www.uelma.org/Conf04/nomination.htm or contact me, Fawn Morgan,
at fmorgan@dsdmail.net   or call 801-402-4996.

Fawn Morgan
Library Media Teacher, Head Librarian, Jr. Class Advisor, Realms Club

Layton High School
440 Wasatch Drive,
Layton, Utah  84041
Voice 801-402-4996 Fax 801-402-4800