[library-media] Reading Programs

Christine Hunsaker chunsaker@weber.k12.ut.us
Tue, 16 Dec 2003 08:35:36 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_0021_01C3C3AF.93F20230

One of the programs that our prior media teacher began was to have book =
reviews for the students.   I could tell it was a hit and so I continued =
it.

The books chosen have been those nominated for the CLAU Beehive Book =
Award.  Staff members read the books and then schedule a time for a book =
review through the year.  Last night we had 45 students come to hear =
Andrew Clements' Things Not Seen.  Maybe it was because they thought it =
was a good book, or it might be that it's midterm (right after =
parent-teacher conferences) and they need the extra credit that some of =
the teachers offer if they come for the review.  We also have cookies or =
treats for those who come!

Good luck!

Christine Hunsaker
Roy Junior High Media
Roy, Utah
------=_NextPart_000_0021_01C3C3AF.93F20230

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2>One of the programs that our =
prior media=20
teacher began was to have book reviews for the students.&nbsp;&nbsp; I =
could=20
tell it was a hit and so I continued it.</FONT></DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic =
Sans MS"=20
size=3D2>
<DIV><BR>The books chosen have been those nominated for the CLAU Beehive =
Book=20
Award.&nbsp; Staff members read the books and then schedule a time for a =
book=20
review through the year.&nbsp; Last night we had 45 students come to =
hear Andrew=20
Clements' <U>Things Not Seen.</U>&nbsp; Maybe it was because they =
thought it was=20
a good book, or it might be that it's midterm (right after =
parent-teacher=20
conferences) and they need the extra credit that some of the teachers =
offer if=20
they come for the review.&nbsp; We also have cookies or treats for those =
who=20
come!</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Good luck!</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Christine Hunsaker</DIV>
<DIV>Roy Junior High Media</DIV>
<DIV>Roy, Utah</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0021_01C3C3AF.93F20230--