FW: [library-media] Reading Promotions/Reading Strategies

Loutensock, Georgia GLoutens@usoe.k12.ut.us
Mon, 15 Dec 2003 16:44:20 -0700

Secondary people please assist Jan with her request below.  Please respond
to Jan directly at the email address below.  Thanks and Happy Holidays.  gml

Georgia M. Loutensock

-----Original Message-----
From: Jan Duane [mailto:Jan_Duane@skaggscatholiccenter.org]
Sent: Monday, December 15, 2003 1:04 PM
To: library-media@uen.org
Subject: [library-media] Reading Promotions/Reading Strategies

Hi,

My principal has asked me to find out what other high schools are doing to
promote reading, what reading programs are used, what strategies are useful
to foster, encourage reading.  He wants our student to read, not just the
textbooks and assigned reading, but other books (i.e. pleasure reading,
etc.).

I appreciate any ideas you have. Send them directly to me at my email and I
will post the results on this listserv.

Thanks so much,
Jan Duane
Juan Diego Catholic High