[library-media] News

Loutensock, Georgia GLoutens@usoe.k12.ut.us
Thu, 6 Nov 2003 11:07:04 -0700

Dear Colleagues,

Thanks to Becky Hall from Rowland Hall/St. Mark's School I have two items of
interest.

1.  A new website for Utah authors and illustrators.  http://ucwi.org/  This
is an excellent resource for all kinds of information from bios, books,
school visits, etc.  Give it a look see.

2.  A new book on Utah--- A is for Arches, Becky Hall IS the author,
illustrations by Katherine Larson.  Becky has done an excellent job.  The
main text is rhymed and simple enough for anyone to understand.  For older
readers, sidebars with each entry, give additional details and information.
Becky covers the state literally and historically.  A is for Arches would be
appropriate for anyone interested in or studying Utah.  I feel it is
definitely worth consideration for your personal or school library.  The
book is available at local book stores and online.   (ISBN 1-58536-096-1
Lccn 2003010461 published by Sleeping Bear Press (imprint of the Gale Group,
Inc.))

Keep up the good work and thanks for all you do.  gml

Georgia M. Loutensock
Curriculum Section
Utah State Office of Education
250 East 500 South