[library-media] FW: [AASLNEWS:588] Urgent! Immediate action needed re: Labor HHS Appropriationsbill

Paula Zsiray paula.zsiray@cache.k12.ut.us
Wed, 3 Sep 2003 15:27:28 -0600

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-aaslnews@ala.org [mailto:owner-aaslnews@ala.org] On Behalf Of
Steven Hofmann
Sent: Wednesday, September 03, 2003 2:00 PM
To: aaslnews@ala.org
Subject: [AASLNEWS:588] Urgent! Immediate action needed re: Labor HHS
Appropriationsbill

CALL YOUR SENATORS RIGHT NOW

Sen Jack Reed has introduced a library amendment to the Labor HHS
Appropriations bill.  It could be voted on as early as tomorrow.

It needs 60 yes votes to pass....we need both your Senators.

The amendment would raise the money for school libraries to the President's
request of $27.5 million.

If we can't get 60 votes, the school library program will remain at $12.5
million.

It will also put enough money into LSTA to fully fund the new formula.