[library-media] FW: environmental stories for children

Loutensock, Georgia GLoutens@usoe.k12.ut.us
Wed, 27 Aug 2003 11:22:59 -0600

------_=_NextPart_001_01C36CBF.DC9A9F20

FYI

Georgia M. Loutensock
gloutens@usoe.k12.ut.us <mailto:gloutens@usoe.k12.ut.us>

-----Original Message-----
From: Thomas Schwartz [mailto:t.schwartz@worldnet.att.net]
Sent: Tuesday, August 26, 2003 5:13 PM
To: gloutens@usoe.k12.ut.us
Subject: environmental stories for children

Dear Georgia,

I am a retired USAF Officer, who wrote a trilogy for my grandchildren (ages
6 and 8) to stimulate their minds on the importance of a healthy environment
and mankind's need to keep it that way. The theme of the stories center on
Mother Nature and her goal to keep everything on Earth in balance. She looks
to the human race to be the caretakers, as they are her most intelligent
creatures; and when they go astray, she finds interesting ways to get them
back on-track.  "How Mother Nature Flowered the Fields of Earth and Mars,"
has been published by Battiston Publishing, Canada.

I visit the elementary schools in Brevard County, Florida as a guest author
and talk about the importance of the environment and my Mother Nature
stories.  This year and last year I visited 53 schools and spoke to about
15,000 students.

Follett Library Services and Baker & Taylor are listing mybook so that the
school libraries can place orders.  Renaissance Learning is going to prepare
the test for their Accelerated Reader Program.

These stories reinforce what is being taught about the environment and
should be made available to the elementary school children (for more
information go to  <http://www.howmothernature.com> www.howmothernature.com)

tom

------_=_NextPart_001_01C36CBF.DC9A9F20

<HTML><HEAD>

<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2><SPAN
class=190571717-27082003>FYI</SPAN></FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<P><FONT face=Arial size=2>Georgia M. Loutensock</FONT> <BR><FONT face=Arial
size=2><A
href="mailto:gloutens@usoe.k12.ut.us">gloutens@usoe.k12.ut.us</A></FONT> </P>
<DIV class=OutlookMessageHeader dir=ltr align=left><FONT face=Tahoma
size=2>-----Original Message-----<BR><B>From:</B> Thomas Schwartz
[mailto:t.schwartz@worldnet.att.net]<BR><B>Sent:</B> Tuesday, August 26, 2003
5:13 PM<BR><B>To:</B> gloutens@usoe.k12.ut.us<BR><B>Subject:</B> environmental
stories for children<BR><BR></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial>Dear Georgia,&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>
<DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial>I am a retired USAF Officer, who wrote a trilogy for my
grandchildren (ages 6 and 8) to stimulate their minds on the importance of a
healthy environment and mankind's need to keep it that way. The theme of the
stories center on Mother Nature and her goal to keep everything on Earth in
balance. She looks to the human race to be the caretakers, as they are her most
intelligent creatures; and when they go astray, she finds interesting ways to
get them back on-track.&nbsp; "How Mother Nature Flowered the Fields of Earth
and Mars," has been published by Battiston Publishing, Canada.&nbsp;
&nbsp;</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial>&nbsp;</DIV></FONT><FONT face=Arial></FONT>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial>I visit the elementary schools in Brevard County, Florida
as a guest author and talk about the importance of the environment and my Mother
Nature stories.&nbsp; This year and last year I visited&nbsp;53 schools and
spoke to about 15,000 students.&nbsp;</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial></FONT><FONT face=Arial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=3><FONT face=Arial><FONT face=Arial size=2><FONT
size=3>Follett Library Services and Baker &amp; Taylor are listing mybook so
that the school libraries can place orders.&nbsp; Renaissance Learning is going
to prepare the test for their Accelerated Reader Program.</FONT>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial><FONT size=3>These stories reinforce what is being taught
about the environment&nbsp;and should be made available to the elementary school
children (for more information go to </FONT><A
href="http://www.howmothernature.com"><FONT
size=3>www.howmothernature.com</FONT></A><FONT size=3>)</FONT></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV></FONT></DIV>
<DIV>
<DIV></FONT></FONT><FONT face=Arial size=3>tom&nbsp;
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></FONT></DIV></DIV></DIV></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------_=_NextPart_001_01C36CBF.DC9A9F20--