[library-media] FW: New way to find instructional television programs

Paula Zsiray paula.zsiray@cache.k12.ut.us
Mon, 17 Mar 2003 13:24:37 -0700

Please forward to educators in your area:

A wonderful new searchable Instructional Television schedule is up and
running at <http://www.utahitv.org>

This website allows educators to quickly search the scheduled ITV
programs on both KUED and KULC by title, grade-level, and/or Utah core
curriculum area. Try searching for programs for 7th grade Health -
you'll quickly see what a wealth of programming we have for teachers.
The tool inclused an administrator tool where we can modify schedule
information, program descriptions and add links to curriculum resources
and other supporting materials for any series.

This project was over a year in the making and  involved resources from
UEN Instructional Services, Technical Services, Public Information, KULC
and KUED.  Our thanks to Cory Stokes, Steve Milam, Gary Diamond, Kyle
Anderson and Brian Craven for the programming, database and SCOUT
support on this project. Steve Spencer and Mike Elwell provided valuable
user interface suggestions. Finally, thank you to everyone who tested
pages, wrestled with SCOUT  or provided feedback to make this a fast and
easy tool for finding ITV information.

We are already compiling a list of version 2 upgrades. If you have
feedback, requests or content items for the Utahitv.org website, please
send them to Cory Stokes (cstokes@uen.org) 585-0475. Enjoy!