[library-media] UELMA Conference Author presentations

Paula Zsiray paula.zsiray@cache.k12.ut.us
Mon, 27 Jan 2003 13:39:31 -0700

FYI-
Here is the information about the presentations that the authors will be
making at the Conference.

Lyman Hafen
morning -=20
"From Idea to Finished Piece" -	Mr. Hafen will talk about how he works =
from
idea to finished piece, and compare the process as it relates to his
journalism, fiction, and creative nonfiction.  He will share samples of
each.

afternoon -=20
"A work in progress - the Arizona Strip" - Mr. Hafen will talk about his
work in progress which is a history of the Arizona Strip region.  It is =
documentary video and companion book project.  He will read a sample =
from
the manuscript, which should be interesting to most everyone.
=09
Nadene Mattson
"The librarian who made a difference &  Writing Historical Fiction"=20
How One Librarian Made a Difference in My Life - about a librarian who =
took
a few minutes with me each time I visited the library to talk about the =
book
I had just read. It taught me to read like a writer.
Writing Historical Fiction - The steps involved with writing historical
fiction.

=20