[library-media] FW: Have You Checked Out SIRS Newest?

Paula Zsiray paula.zsiray@cache.k12.ut.us
Tue, 8 Oct 2002 14:22:40 -0600

SIRS E-MAIL BULLETIN=20

Have You Checked Out SIRS Newest?

Our goal at SIRS is to constantly strive to improve access to SIRS
databases. In=20
keeping with that goal, SIRS has added SIRS NEWEST =96 ARTICLES &=20
GRAPHICS, the new feature on SKS that showcases a collection of the
newest=20
articles and graphics as they are added to SIRS databases. The full-text
articles and=20
graphics are also accessible from the database through Subject Heading,
Keyword=20
and Topic Browse searches.

Here are some of the things people are saying about SIRS Newest: =93I =
had
a group in the library doing research on immigration and we looked at
the article=20
dated October 1 on Mexico and Immigration. I was impressed with this
latest=20
information so easily retrievable. It=92s a wonderful new feature to the
database!=94

=93Students are going to the new feature frequently, it=92s great for =
some
of the current=20
events.=94

=93It=92s apparent that SIRS is updating their databases daily. The =
graphic
feature is=20
excellent, students enjoy looking at the different pictures/graphics and
then selecting=20
the article.=94

=93SIRS Newest allows students a quick glance at the most up-to-date
material=20
available in an easily accessible manner. High school students in New
York learn to=20
analyze charts and graphs, therefore showcasing graphics in SIRS Newest
is very=20
appealing to teachers as well.=94

We really appreciate hearing from you. If you have any feedback on SIRS
Newest,=20
please reply to this e-mail.

Thank you.
Eleanor Goldstein