[library-media] Star Wars quote

FAWN MORGAN Fmorgan@admin.lhs.davis.k12.ut.us
Thu, 16 May 2002 16:38:39 -0600

the sci fi / fantasy author George Lucas chose to write the Star
Wars book which is based on the new Attack of the Clones movie.
Maybe you can use it in a back-to-school display.

<bold>Why Do the Good Guys Always Win?</bold>

"It's not a cliche that good overcomes evil; it's a philosophy.  In my
books, good will almost always overcome evil (but not without great
cost sometimes), because I believe that good is stronger than evil.
We have developed a distorted view of what makes a hero.  Too
often in the movies, or in other entertainment media, the hero is
determined by who carries the biggest gun, or by who is borderline
crazy enough to walk into seemingly impossible situations.
Whatever happened to virtue and truth, and a belief in something
larger and greater than ourselves? . . . And these elements by
simple definition, are usually lacking on the side of evil . . .  Good
wins.  Because that's the way it's supposed to be."

>From the book <italic>Faces of Fantasy.</italic>

<nofill>
Fawn Morgan
Library Media Teacher

Layton High School                          Phone 801-402-4800
440 Wasatch Drive                           Fax   801-402-4801
Layton, Utah  84041   E-mail fmorgan@admin.lhs.davis.k12.ut.us