[library-media] UELMA

Paula Zsiray paula.zsiray@cache.k12.ut.us
Thu, 16 May 2002 12:27:10 -0600

2003 UELMA Conference
Thursday, March 6
Eccles Convention Center - Ogden, Utah

We are the Champions!

We are the champions - my friends & we'll keep on fighting till the end
No time for losers, Ďcause we are the champions of the Library Media Centers

**Featured Author
Lyman Hafen
Over the past 10 years, Hafenís fiction and nonfiction have received seven
awards from the Utah Arts Council. Heís written for a number of regional and
national magazines, among them Travel-Holiday, Nevada Magazine and Arizona
Highways, and has published five books, including Flood Street to Fenway, a
biography of St. George native Bruce Hurst who pitched the Boston Red Sox to
within one game of winning the 1986 World Series; In The Shade of the
Cottonwoods, a collection of essays about growing up in southern Utah; Over
the Joshua Slope, a novel for young readers published by Simon and Schuster;
Roping the Wind, a personal history of cowboying in southern Utah; and
Mukuntuweap: Landscape and Story in Zion Canyon.
He was the founding editor of St. George Magazine, and has taught writing
classes at Dixie College.
Other titles by Mr. Hafen include On The Edge Of Memory; Edward Abbey: An
Interview at Pack Creek Ranch (with Milo McCowan); The Insiderís Guide to
Southwestern Utah and his newest book In the Midst of Winter: A Tale of
Hope.

**Luncheon Speaker
Dr. Linda Wolcott
Vice Provost, Libraries & Instructional Support, Utah State University

Will you help?
Every UELMA Conference needs help from many people
working in many areas to make it a tremendous success.
Contact
Paula Zsiray     - (435) 245-6093  ext. 310 paula.zsiray@cache.k12.ut.us
Larry Jeppesen - (435) 563-6229  larry.jeppesen@cache.k12.ut.us
Diane Stokoe   - (801) 273-2000 ext. 0691 diane.stokoe@granite.k12.ut.us

UELMA is YOUR professional organization and needs your help & input so it
can be successful.
Here is your chance to be involved.  Be a champion!

Plan now to attend, help & take an active part.