[library-media] Another Pioneer Trial Opportunity

Rick Cline RCLINE@media.utah.edu
Wed, 03 Apr 2002 16:02:39 -0700

Educators,

We are continuing to offer trials on different online library products =
throughout the school-year in an effort to determine what you find useful =
as an educator in the classroom. Between now and the end of April we will =
be taking a look at the following three databases from Thomson - Gale.=20

Discovering Collection
Thousands of overview essays, critical analyses, biographies, timelines =
and multimedia elements comprise the new Discovering Collection, a =
completely original, comprehensive online resources in five core subject =
areas: history, literature, biography, science and social studies.

Opposing Viewpoints Resource Center
This database draws on the acclaimed social issues series published by =
Greenhaven Press, as well as core reference content from other Gale and =
Macmillan Reference USA sources, including selections from Bioethics for =
Students.=20

Literature Resource Center
    * More than 285,000 full-text journal articles from more than 133 =
literary journals
    * 38,000 critical essays
    * 4,329 work overviews, plot summaries and explications
    * More than 5,000 links to authoritative related Web sites
    * More than 122,000 author biographies
    * 2,500 author portraits
    * Merriam-Webster's=AE Encyclopedia of Literature, featuring 10,000 =
definitions of literary terms

Go to: http://pioneer.uen.org/ then click on "Pioneer Trial Opportunity."

Please take a few minutes to test drive one or all three of these =
databases and let us know what you think by completing the online survey. =
Please note that our ability to subscribe to future Pioneer library =
products will depend on the legislative funding we receive; meanwhile, we =
do have sufficient funding for the current products on the Pioneer =
Library's homepage. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

- Rick

__________________________
Richard W. Cline
Utah Education Network
101 Wasatch Drive
Salt Lake City, UT 84112-1792
(801) 585-0913
(800) 866-5852 toll free
(801) 585-6105 fax
rcline@uen.org
"Cause and effect, means and ends, seed and fruit, cannot be severed; for =
the effect already blooms in the cause,...the fruit in the seed...." =
Emerson