[library-media] Next Pioneer Library Trial Opportunity

Rick Cline RCLINE@media.utah.edu
Tue, 05 Feb 2002 15:42:50 -0700

Educators,

We continue to offer trials on different online library products throughout=
 the school-year in an effort to determine what you find useful as an =
educator in the classroom. Between now and the end of February we will be =
taking a look at NoveList.=20

Go to: http://pioneer.uen.org/ then click on "Pioneer Trial Opportunity."

NoveList is an online, readers' advisory service that helps users locate =
new, fiction books based on books they have read or topics in which they =
are interested. Readers can search for books by title, author or by simply =
describing a book they would like to read. NoveList provides:=20

- extensive subject and keyword access to over 100,000 fiction titles=20
- 32,000 subject headings (for fiction) based on Hennepin County Public =
Library's renowned
cataloging system=20
- full text reviews and descriptions for over 56,000 books=20
- Book Discussion Guides - a new guide every week=20
- BookTalks from YA Librarians across the country all adult fiction =
reviewed in Library Journal,=20
- Publisher's Weekly, Booklist and Kirkus since 1996 links to author home =
pages and other fiction-related Web sites=20

Please take a few minutes to test drive NoveList and let us know what you =
think by completing the online survey. Please note that our ability to =
subscribe to future Pioneer library products will depend on the legislative=
 funding we receive; meanwhile, we do have sufficient funding for the =
current products on the Pioneer Library's homepage. Feel free to contact =
me if you have any questions.

- Rick

__________________________
Richard W. Cline
Utah Education Network
101 Wasatch Drive
Salt Lake City, UT 84112-1792
(801) 585-0913
(800) 866-5852 toll free
(801) 585-6105 fax
rcline@uen.org
"Cause and effect, means and ends, seed and fruit, cannot be severed; for =
the effect already blooms in the cause,...the fruit in the seed...." =
Emerson