[library-media] RE: C-Forum Pioneer Update

Rick Cline RCLINE@media.utah.edu
Thu, 06 Sep 2001 16:04:57 -0600

Tracy,

The pioneer-library.org page is actually meant for the three communities =
that have partnered in bringing the Pioneer products to Utah (i.e., K-12 =
public schools, universities/colleges, and public libraries). The =
pioneer.uen.org specifically lists products that the K-12 schools have =
purchased including some other links that are uniquely K-12. With respect =
advice, I would recommend pointing K-12 folks to the pioneer.uen.org.

By the way, the pioneer-library.org webpage is currently being revised =
with the input of folks from the three communities to provide an improved =
portal. It should be up and running within the next week or two.

- Rick

>>> "tracy.vandeventer" <tracy.vandeventer@slc.k12.ut.us> 09/06/01 03:58PM =

Rick,

I've been out of the loop a bit, but why are there two pioneer pages?  =
Which=20
one are we supposed to point teachers too. They pages do not look like =
they=20
link to the same links.  The link I have been using is http://pioneer.uen.o=
rg=20
and you have us pointed to http://pioneer-library.org/=20

Any advice?

Tracy

>=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D Original Message From "Rick Cline" <RCLINE@media.utah.edu>=
 =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
>Everyone,
>
>First, this is a reminder that all educators and students statewide =
have=20
access to the K-12 Pioneer products (http://pioneer-library.org/) at =
their=20
schools. Second, educators and students have access to most of these =
products=20
from home. Attached is a document listing student username and
>passwords for home access. However, all UEN registered educators =
should=20
automatically have home access to the K-12 Pioneer products.

>As an FYI, Educators can access a webpage called "Student Passwords for =
Home=20
Access" by logging onto My.Uen (http://my.uen.org/myuen/) and clicking on =
the=20
"Pioneer Home Access" link located under the header "UEN Applications /=20
Links."

>If you have any problems accessing Pioneer products from school or =
home,=20
please feel free to call UEN's help line 1-800-866-5852 or e-mail=20
resources@uen.org.

>- Rick
>
>__________________________
>Richard W. Cline
>Utah Education Network
>101 Wasatch Drive
>Salt Lake City, UT 84112-1792
>(801) 585-0913
>(800) 866-5852 toll free
>(801) 585-6105 fax
>rcline@uen.org=20
>"The notes I handle no better than many pianists. But the pauses between =
the=20
notes--ah, that is where the art resides!" - Artur Schnabel

Tracy Vandeventer                     578-8405 phone
Technology Facilitator                578-8272 fax=20
Computer Curriculum Support Services