[Health Science] Update

Bolin, Rachel Decker Rachel.Bolin at schools.utah.gov
Sat Feb 4 08:55:02 MST 2017

I just want to take a moment to share the latest update regarding Clay Christensen's (Ogden High health science teacher and Hosa advisor) health.
His wife posted the following on Facebook this week: "We met with Clay's oncologist yesterday. His chemotherapy is no longer working. His cancerous growths have increased in size and his liver isn't doing well. In the last week and a half since chemo he has lost 10 pounds and his labs have gone from fairly normal to abnormal. We have decided as a family to discontinue chemo so as not to prolong his suffering and enjoy the time we have left together, which is no more than 3 months. I just want to thank all of my family, friends, neighbors, coworkers, Ogden High peeps, etc for all you have done for our family. We love you all so much and have learned through this experience how much 1 person can impact so many other lives for good. Please keep our family in your prayers as we need all the strength we can get now and in the upcoming weeks."
As a health science family may we combine our thoughts, prayers, and love for Clay and his family.
Thank you for all that each of you do.
[Image]
Rachel