[Health Science] CTE EMS outreach - HEALTH SCIENCE EDUCATORS

Burk, Christopher Christopher.Burk at slcgov.com
Wed Jan 15 14:47:47 MST 2014

HEALTH SCIENCE EDUCATORS,
(bcc'd for your privacy)

Good afternoon!

I wanted to make you aware of an exciting opportunity available to SLCSD students!  I teach EMT at the Career and Technical Education (CTE) Center on SLCSD "A" days.  Students in this course can gain state certification, experience clinical rides with REAL Fire/Rescue companies in SLCFD and earn RED honor chords for High school graduation.

Please feel free to check out the course website, www.CTEEMS.com<http://www.CTEEMS.com>.  This website  is the core of my class  (hundreds of hours of videos, UTIPS, lectures, quizzes, announcements, etc).  Also, please feel free to check out this outreach flier<https://www.dropbox.com/s/qo9342eobafa2wr/CTEEMS%20outreach%20flier.pdf>, a short video<http://youtu.be/hNAXt8usy3g> and the course syllabus<http://cteems.com/CTE_EMS/syllabus.html> for more information!

In addition, I will be fleshing out more options in the Therapeutic Services: EMERGENCY MEDICAL TECHNICIAN (EMT) PATHWAY<http://www.schools.utah.gov/cte/documents/pathways/inserts/HS/EMT.pdf> soon - so more to come! (Course 51.0904 Emergency Medical Technician, Course 51.0810 Emergency Medical Responder, Course 51.0001 Health Science Introduction, Course 51.1399 Medical Anatomy & Physiology, Course 51.9999 Medical Math, Course 51.0799 Medical Terminology, Course 51.1199 Health Science, Advanced Capstone, Course 32.0199 Workplace skills)

A quick bio: I completed my undergraduate work in Health Promotion and Education and my Masters degree in Public Administration (MPA), both at the University of Utah.  I am a state certified educator, state EMS instructor, a EMS test team member and teach Emergency Medicine constantly.  Finally, I am a Combat Veteran and have a long history of instructing everything from heliborne rappel and martial arts to technical writing and human physiology.

I love teaching Emergency Medicine!

Please keep this option in mind for the best & brightest you see!

Thanks

CB

-----
Respectfully,