[Health Science] USU Extension 4-H Teens Take on Health Town Hall Meeting Oct 30 in Salt Lake

Decker, Rachel Rachel.Decker at schools.utah.gov
Mon Oct 21 09:03:03 MDT 2013

This is a great opportunity for our students to discuss current healthcare issues facing the world today. If your students are interested there is a flyer attached and a link for them to sign up.
Rachel

All-
We are excited about our upcoming town hall event which will take place on Wednesday October 30th from 6-8:30pm at the Sorenson Multicultural Unity & Fitness Center (855 W. California Ave, SLC). We would love help in recruiting teens between the ages of 13 and 18. We also invite any staff and volunteers to come and support this event (please also sign up through the link). Please share with teacher networks and advisers of student organizations.

The purpose of the town hall is for teens to share their views about health and healthcare solutions for themselves and  their schools and communities. This unique program, co-sponsored by Utah 4-H and Molina Healthcare, provides an open forum for teens to discuss and raise their voices on the leading healthcare issues facing the nation today. This event will allow youth to interact, share their concerns and brainstorm solutions among their peers, parents, local and state legislative officials, stakeholders, and Molina Healthcare representatives in an effort to co-create healthier communities across the nation.

We will be serving dinner promptly at 6pm as part of this town hall. In order to order the correct amount of food, we want participants to sign up at the following link:  https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1_UH3VB5xL25EprSyUL6n0ILWfNfSR9E4npE7r0eZRDU/viewform

Thanks,
-Dave

Dave Francis

Utah State University Extension 4-H