[Health Science] February is CTE Month
Tara.Bell at schools.utah.gov
Wed Jan 23 08:32:23 MST 2013
FEBRUARY IS CTE MONTH!!! This year's theme is: Career and Technical Education: Pathways to College and Career Success
The main goal is to PROMOTE CTE! CTE Month resources can be found at http://www.schools.utah.gov/cte/month.html.
Also, visit UtahCTE.org<http://www.UtahCTE.org> to access CTE videos, social media, blogs, and CTE Pathways information targeted to students.
* Watch for daily features on the Utah CTE Facebook page at http://tiny.cc/utahcte_facebook.
* Watch for tweets throughout the day on the Utah CTE Twitter page at http://twitter.com/UtahCTE.
* Watch the videos on the Utah CTE YouTube channel at http://www.youtube.com/UtahCTE.
* Read the blogs on UtahCTE.org at http://www.utahcte.org/blog/.
Here are a few items to bring to your attention --
1. NEW - CTE Today<https://www.acteonline.org/uploadedFiles/About_CTE/files/CTE_Today_Fact_Sheet.pdf> (Quick facts about CTE provided by ACTE)
This short CTE primer focuses on numbers that will grab the attention of busy legislators, industry leaders and their staff. Use it to introduce people quickly to the value of CTE.
2. NEW - CTE Works<https://www.acteonline.org/uploadedFiles/About_CTE/files/CTE_Works_Research.pdf> (Research demonstrating the value of CTE provided by ACTE)
This fact sheet provides an overview of relevant CTE research across broad themes. Areas of focus include CTE's impact on student academic achievement, dropout rates, adult workforce needs, earnings and employment outcomes, the skills gap and state economies.
3. 28 Things to Do During CTE Month<http://www.schools.utah.gov/cte/documents/month/ThingsToDo.pdf>
Let me know what your school, classroom, or CTSO is going to do to celebrate. Email your celebrations to UtahCTE at schools.utah.gov<mailto:UtahCTE at schools.utah.gov> and to me!
Health Science Education Specialist, USOE
(801) 538.7868 - fax
250 East 500 South
P.O. Box 144200
Salt Lake City, Utah 84114-4200
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the HealthScience