[Health Science] Medical Explorers Registration/Kick Off Meeting 2012-2013

Bell, Tara Tara.Bell at schools.utah.gov
Thu Aug 30 11:58:27 MDT 2012

The UVRMC Medical Explorers Registration/Kick Off Meeting for 2012-2013 will be held on Thursday, September 20 at 6:30pm in the NW Plaza Clark Auditorium (1134 North 500 West in Provo). Medical Explorers will only be for juniors and seniors in high school. Registration will take place at the kick off meeting on September 20. We will not take any registrations before or after this date. Both students and parents are encouraged to attend the meeting. The registration fee is $35 and can be paid that evening in the form of cash or check. There will be other additional fees for scrubs and immunizations which we will discuss at the meeting.

The explorers will come to learn about different areas in healthcare every other Thursday from 5pm to 6pm starting sometime in October and ending sometime in April. Usually it is done through presentations, some tours and some hands on activities. For those who would like to go, in June or July, we may also take a group of students to Washington, DC to the National Exploring Conference or on a humanitarian trip. This has yet to be determined.

Please make sure your CTE and WBL coordinators pass this information along to students. We usually get 80-90 people at registration each year so we will fill up all of the slots on the night of registration.

Thanks!
Tiffany

Tiffany Myles-Mills
Student Programs Manager