[Health Science] CTE Health Science -- EMS YouTube video

Burk, Christopher Christopher.Burk at slcgov.com
Tue Aug 7 10:54:52 MDT 2012

All,

Good morning.

I am in the new Health Science Educator training today with the Utah State Office of Education (USOE), and just learned about this New Health Science Listserv.

In any event, I have met many of you throughout Spring, during Parent Teacher Conferences last year, but for those I might have missed - I am the new Coordinator for EMT school at the SLCSD CTE.  I am happy to report that in short order, we have *dramatically* improved the program to be more professional, real world, to include clinical practicum with real Salt Lake City Fire Department (SLCFD) Fire/Rescue companies, visits from Gold Cross Ambulances, and content and speakers from area hospitals, AirMed, MDs, etc.  This has been a group effort, and I owe a tremendous debt of gratitude to Elaine Toronto, Jan Hedberg, John Craigle, Ken Grover, Mark Bednarik, Andrea Martinez and Les Chatelain.

I have put together a short YouTube video for your use:
(http://youtu.be/kuVRDWcnfd4).

My intent in creating this is to send this to all the High school's counselors, career counselors, partners in education, PTA, *****ANYONE ELSE***** you all believe we should.

What I would ask is that you forward this to any group or students you believe would be best. If you prefer, I can send a file and a hard copy as well.  In any event, it is attached for you to use as you believe would serve the students in your spheres of influence best.

My FIRE/RESCUE peers and I are *VERY* excited about the direction we are taking the FIRE/RESCUE and Emergency Medicine Schools at the CTE.
Please let me know your thoughts, and what else I can do to make this program into all that we need it to be!

CB

-----
Respectfully,
Christopher Burk, BS, NREMTP