[Gis] Fwd: [EdGIS] New materials now available

Jessica Anderson (UEN) janderson at uen.org
Wed May 20 13:57:55 MDT 2015

FYI - GIS resources that you might find useful for your classroom.

--------------------------
Jessica Anderson
Utah Education Network
Web Services
http://www.uen.org
(801) 585-6849

Begin forwarded message:

From: Tom Baker <tbaker at esri.com<mailto:tbaker at esri.com>>
Subject: [EdGIS] New materials now available
Date: May 20, 2015 at 1:49:49 PM MDT
To: "edgis at list.terc.edu<mailto:edgis at list.terc.edu>" <edgis at list.terc.edu<mailto:edgis at list.terc.edu>>

Hi all.

Many new materials are now available as ArcGIS Online moves into mainstream k12 classrooms across the US.

If you’ve not yet explored the new Earth Science GeoInquiries – short activities tied to standards that teach core science concepts using web mapping – explore the collection at http://edcommunity.esri.com/Resources/Collections/geoinquiries
•        Topographic maps
•        Remote sensing
•        Minerals /​ Mining
•        Rock Types
•        Landforms
•        Plate boundaries/​tectonics
•        Earthquakes
•        Volcanoes
•        Mountain building
•        Fresh water
•        Ocean features
•        Atmosphere and Ocean Currents
•        Weather
•        Storms
•        Climate change

GeoInquiries are ideal for sharing with colleagues who don’t use GIS.  They’re intended to be teacher friendly with “zero barriers” to entry.

For those of you familiar with “Our World GIS Education”, you probably already know that “Mapping our World” was released for ArcGIS Online last year (http://edcommunity.esri.com/MOW) but we’ve also recently released “Thinking Spatially Using GIS” for ArcGIS Online (http://edcommunity.esri.com/TSG). Thinking Spatially is designed for elementary geography classrooms.

More coming soon!

Best,
Tom

_____
Tom Baker, Ph.D.<https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Thomas_Baker3> | Esri Education Manager
8700 State Line Road, Suite 315 | Leawood, KS  66206
T 913.383.8235 x5559 | tbaker at esri.com<mailto:tbaker at esri.com>
GIS Edu Resaerch Profile<http://tbaker.com/research> | 2016 AACE CITE Call for Research Papers<http://bit.ly/CITEGeo>