[Gis] UGIC 2006 - One Month to Go

Ross Rogers rrogers@media.utah.edu
Mon, 8 May 2006 09:17:41 -0600

UGIC 2006 - One Month to Go

=20

Wow, four weeks from now we will be in Moab soaking up the sun and all
the
GIS knowledge we can.   Conference planning is on the fast track and
things
are coming together rapidly.  Items are being added to the conference
website <http://www.ugic.info/ugic2006>  daily so please check there
often to see the latest news and events for UGIC 2006.

=20

Registration Problems

We have heard from several UGIC members concerning difficulties
registering for the conference.  We have been working with our online
registration provider and believe that we have fixed all of the
problems.  If you registered for the conference and have not received a
registration confirmation by email please email or call Don Wood at
dwood@co.wasatch.ut.us or cell # 435-671-3460.  Please call if you have
any questions at all about your registration.

=20

Deadlines Announced

The following are the deadlines for UGIC 2006:

=20

*	Call for <http://www.ugic.info/UGIC2006/Presentations.html
Papers
(Breakout Sessions): May 22, 2006
*	Poster Submission <http://www.ugic.info/UGIC2006/Posters.html> :
May
31, 2006

=20

*	Registration <http://www.ugic.info/UGIC2006/Registration.html>
Deadlines

*	Regular Online Registration: Now - May 22, 2006

*	Includes conference shirt and bag

*	Late Online Registration: May 23, 2006 - May 31, 2006

*	No conference shirt or bag

*	Onsite Registration: June 7 - 9, 2006

*	No conference shirt or bag and a $20.00 onsite registration
fee.

=20

User Breakout Session
<http://www.ugic.info/UGIC2006/Users_Abstracts.html>
Listing

A listing of confirmed breakout sessions has been added to the website.
Please review to get an idea of the tremendous amount of talent and
information that will be available at this year's conference.  As
additional presentations are confirmed they will be listed.  Also,
abstracts will be available shortly.

=20

User Group Room Reservations Available

Over the years, we have had several requests for the scheduling of rooms
for local user groups to meet while at the UGIC conference.  This year
we have rooms that can be made available to user groups for meetings at
the conference site.  If your group is interested in reserving a room,
please contact Kevin Sato
<mailto:edworkshop@ugic.info?subject=3DUGIC%202006%20vendor>
edworkshop@ugic.info.

=20

Educator Workshop <http://www.ugic.info/UGIC2006/Educator.html>=20

UGIC is pleased to announce that this year UGIC conference will include
an Educator Workshop specifically designed for helping educators learn
more about GIS technology and how to use it in the classroom.  This
workshop is the result of the hard work of Kevin Sato.  We thank him for
his commitment to the educators of Utah.  If you know of any educators
that would benefit from this training please refer them to the web page
link above.

=20

We are looking for volunteers to assist in teaching and overseeing
various portions of the workshop.  If you are interested please contact
Kevin Sato at =20
edworkshop@ugic.info.

=20

See you in Moab!!